Who we are
Studio Professionale di Ingegneria Industriale (whose acronym in Italian is SPII) was founded in Milan in 1947 by Eng. Angelo Foiadelli for the purpose of providing technical consulting during the post-war industrial reconstruction.
A few years later, the company moved to Saronno, developing a production facility to execute its designs and moving increasingly in the direction of Industrial Engineering, a sector in which it soon achieved leadership, thanks to its advanced technological know-how.
In 2006, a large-scale development project required the company, whose control had remained in the hands of the Foiadelli family, to cede part of its stock capital to a fund managed by Wise SGR SpA, with the aim of creating a point of excellence in the design and production of high added value components for the railways sector, made possible thanks to the additional managerial and financial resources. As part of this project, through a series of strategic acquisitions, SPII was able to expand its offering in systems engineering, with the incorporation of Tecnoma, and also in terms of products, with the incorporation of Coepte Rail and Mutti Ferroviaria.
SPII has thus reinforced its role as system integrator for an increasingly demanding and ever more global market, also participating in a joint venture in China in 2008 with a local partner, so as to offer its products in this market as well. This development effort has permitted SPII to overcome the obstacles posed by the world economic crisis and continue to grow: in fact, in 2009, a new executive office building was erected next to the company’s old headquarters in Saronno, and in 2010 SPII bolstered its service activities, allotting resources and space in a dedicated production site.